NOTE: (If you have not received all of this document by email please refer to the Reyburn House website)
All workshops are held in the Society’s Studios, Reyburn House Lane, Whangarei – just across the lawn from Reyburn House Gallery.
Please refer to the information at the end of this calendar for workshop enquiries & enrolments.When your enrolment is confirmed, please mark the date in your calendar so you don’t forget.
If, later, you find you cannot attend, please ring Pam well in advance of the course (if last-minute, unavoidable circumstances arise, ring by 8.00 a.m. on the day) so someone on the waiting list can be invited to come.
CALENDAR FOR WORKSHOPS: FEBRUARY TO MARCH 2018
HENRYK SZYDLOWSKI – inspirational artist who spent many years in New Zealand as an art tutor
with Elena Nikolaeva
Henryk Szydlovski is originally from Poland, where he obtained his Master Degree of Fine Arts in 1976.
He emigrated to New Zealand two years after his graduation and for many years he painted here and lectured at Whitecliiiffe College of Art and Design. Later he moved to Australia, but has always kept his artistic connections with NZ, exhibiting here regularly at several galleries.
Though he wasn’t born in New Zealand, he is one of the most recognizable NZ names in the international artistic world. His work, like the artist himself, knows no international boundaries, as does any true art.
The integrity of Zydlowski’s work lies in his unique interpretation of line, form and colour. Paul Klee and Vassily Kandinsky are his inspirational geniuses. His art is placed in between abstraction and concrete images. Harmony in his paintings is achieved by the subtle blending of elements and brilliantly balanced compositions.
During this workshop you will create your own unique composition based on Henryk’s favourite principles: flat, stylised shapes, contrasting vibrant colours and extensive use of outlines.
Elena’s introduction will, as always, inspire us to get in there, be adventurous and have a go!
Materials you will need:
• A canvas, medium to large size
• Acrylics/oils and all your favourite painting gear
• Brushes (a bigger brush or a liner is important)
• A sheet of paper and a pencil for sketching out your composition.
One day workshop: Sunday 01 April 2018
10.00am – 3.30pm
Fee $50. NSA Members $45
TUTORS & GROUPS – STUDIO USERS:
Feel free to contact any Tutor or inquire about joining a group.
• Acrylic painting with Jan Stephens (435 5944) Monday Mornings
• Porcelain Doll Club with Lynaire Hawkins (433 5894) 2nd & last Monday of each month
• Party House Group – untutored (Dree Wilkinson – 436 2079) Tuesday mornings
• Pastels with Neil Beart (436 0300) Tuesday 1pm to 3pm
• Wednesday Painters – untutored (Lori Dods – 027 498 6073) Wednesday 9.30am – 2pm
• Oh So Arty – untutored (Claire Walls – 021 1693 525) Wednesday 5.30pm – 9pm
• Riverside Painters – untutored (Di Badham – 027 610 0307 ) Thursday 9am – 3pm
• Firebirds Pottery Group with Wendy Cunliffe (021 0691 631 ) Thursday 1pm – 6.30pm
• Yoga Group with Jenny Sutcliff (459 4000) Thursday 5pm – 7.30pm
• Oil Painters with Janice Clifton Wykes (021 550 852) Friday 10am – 3pm
• Tutors: Richard & Diana Moore (431 8383 / 027 431 8392) Tuesday 9.00am – 4pm
ENQUIRIES AND ENROLMENTS
To enquire about the NSA Workshops, or to apply to enrol, please phone in the first instance the Workshop Co-ordinator, Pam Carson (09) 436 1607, evenings if you can’t reach her during the day.
Alternatively phone Reyburn House Gallery (09) 438 3074, or email us with your full contact details – phone, address, email, so we can respond with the appropriate follow-up. (Gallery hours are 10.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. Tuesday to Friday and 1.00 to 4.00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.)
NOTE: Should you wish the Workshop Tutor to provide your materials; this can be arranged for an additional materials fee.
Payment for each workshop to be made to the tutor, in cash or by cheque, on the day of each workshop.